Sunday, January 30, 2011

Something I enjoy doing with my family

My family and I love to do many things together. The simplest things we do are sometimes the ones that knit our family close together. This ‘normal’ thing I am talking about is called dinner. Yes! The meal that people cannot live without. People think that breakfast is important but dinner is the meal that the entire family can enjoy together. No matter how horrible the food tastes, (no offence, Mom) we will all sit together and enjoy each others’ company. Love is the ingredient that makes food taste great. We go to many places to makan (eat in Malay). For example, we went to Malaysia last year and had a whale of a time. Of course, we ate many delicacies at KL and visited a close friend of my mother. They gave us a tour of Subang, a town in Malaysia. Over there we ate great food like Chilli Crab, Chicken Rice
(not the usual type) and Bak Kut Teh (herbal pork stew)
. We also had fun bartering with shopkeepers. We bought a couple of T-shirts and jeans for cousins and friends at a very reasonable price. We also went ice-skating. I was confident of not wetting my pants…no, no, no, I mean falling on the ice and getting my pants wet To my dismay, I did indeed get wet. Anyway, that was the one moment where I thoroughly enjoyed myself. My family would agree. Family does indeed does play an important role in one’s growing up years. Cheerio, Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment